Saturday, February 4, 2012

Planning the Party

Karlee's birthday party is next weekend. February 11th. Of course it's Princess themed. We're doing sort of  a tea-party-esq thing. (I really hope none of my old English teachers are reading this) So I've been finalizing the details for the party and I had fun doing it.


Since the party will be at 3 in the afternoon on a Saturday and with the tea-party theme we decided to serve light refreshments and cake as well as lemonade and tea. We just weren't sure which "light refreshments" to serve. Mini desserts are elegant and will add a sense of special occassion to the party. I will be spending my entire Friday the 10th in the kitchen cooking and creating up a storm:
Cake Batter Truffles
Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treat Tower
FroYo Strawberries
Heart Cookies
Caramel Apple Bites
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
&&&
PINK Cake Pops

This is going to be so much fun and Karlee is going to be so surprised! I want to decorate the living room and kitchen with light pink and hot pink streamers and white and light pink balloons tied with hot pink ribbon bows. And I want to paint pink polka dots on a white paper tablecloth and drape that over the kitchen table where the dessert bar will be set up in the most elegant way  and tea lights scattered over the table top. Maybe some of those glass beads too! In the living room we'll have a  pink tablecloth draped over the coffee table and that will act as the gift table. 


I've even given thought to the favor bags.
I'm going to monogram some pink paper lunchbags with K's and fill em up with pink cotton candy, mini cotton candy muffins (excited about these), heart lollipops, glow necklaces and tiara hair clips for the girlies and mini-moustaches for the boys. 

This is going to be an awesome Princess party for our little princess and I'm really excited about it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment