Thursday, February 2, 2012

Going to the Chapel I

So yesterday Mikey proposed to me. We already consider each other husband and wife, but there was never a ring or wedding plans, we just knew we were gonna get married one day. Last night, while shopping, apparently Mikey snuck away from me and bought me an engagement ring. Then he held on to it while we went to visit my Grandmother, skipping over the opportunity to pop the question when my grandma asked me when we were getting married. He held on to it as we drove home, stopping for gas and beverages, He held on to it as we checked the mailbox and then as I began to read the mail he asked me for a hug.
"Hon, I just started reading the mail. Just a minute."
"C'mon, give me a hug!"
"In just a second"
"Baby, Baby I need a hug"
So of course I sighed and stood up and wrapped my arm around him.
"Both arms. I want a both arms hug"
giggly I said "Ok ok" and I wrapped both arms around him and squeezed.
He went on to tell me how much he loved me and how beautiful [he thinks] I am. How proud he is of how much we've grown as a couple and as individuals. Then he says he wants to spend forever with me. I laugh and say "I know honey. I wanna spend forever with you to." Then he said, "So I guess its a good thing I got this ring. Will you Marry me Rachel?"
I cried and said "Yes, of course!!! Of course!!!" and I cried some more. don't tell anyone but as I stood there hugging him and crying into his shoulder, I noticed that he was crying too.

We're planning for a wedding in May 2013 so that's 15 months away. Should be plenty of time to plan a wedding. So I got a notebook today and a bridal mag. I've already got some great ideas that I'll share with you another day. And with the help of the latest craze Pinterest I created a Bulletin Board with some wedding day tips, tricks, ideas and inspiration. Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment