Monday, February 13, 2012

No Bake Cake Batter Truffles

This is the dessert from K's party that proved to be the most daunting. I realized after purchasing the groceries to make the Cake Batter Truffles that the recipe called for quite a bit of "beating with a mixer" and I don't own a mixer. Thank goodness for my fiance Mikey & his strong arms. 

The recipe I used came from an awesome blog site called Chef in Training

you need:
1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened to room temp
1/2 c. white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. yellow cake mix + 4 Tbs. 
[I used the rest of the box in the Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats & I'm gonna put some in w/ pancake mix]
1 1/2 c. flour
1/8 tsp salt
3-4 Tbs milk
sprinkles
16 oz white candy melts

Beat together the butter and sugar until well combined.  [see why I love Mikey so much]
Blend in 1 tsp of vanilla. Add 1 c. of the cake mix, 1 1/2 c. flour, 1/8 tsp salt.
Mix thoroughly.  [this is where Mikey was like "uh babe?"] add in  milk to make a doughy consistency.
Mix in 2 Tbs. sprinkles by hand [ok that I can do...so I took over here] 
Roll the dough into 1" balls and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
---20 minutes later---
Melt white chocolate in microwave in 30 secound intervals until melted. Stir between intervals.
Quickly stir in 4 Tbs yellow cake mix until completely incorporated.
Using a fork, dip truffles in chocolate and shake to remove excess. 
Return to cookie sheet & top with sprinkles.
repeat on all truffles
Refrigerate several til set (2-3 hours).
makes 24-30.





No comments:

Post a Comment