Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Foodie Blogging is Fun

Have any of you ever seen something you liked and thought
"Hey, I can do that."
and then never did?
Have you ever thought to yourself
"one day I'm going to ..."
but that day is yet to come?
Me too!!!

Foodie blogging is something I've always wanted to do
While blog-stalking or pinning I would find a recipe I wanted to try
and I would think, I should definitely cook this,
take pictures and blog about the recipe.
"It would be so much fun" I say to myself.
Then I'd go on to the next blog and never make anything.

Time for a change.
Why shouldn't I cook up a storm? 
I love to eat
Why shouldn't I take pictures of what I cook?
I love to take pictures
Why shouldn't I blog about the recipes?
I love blogging.

But who's gonna read my blog?
Who cares. Just get it out. 
If one person reads it, that's awesome.
If it sits all alone in cyberdom, oh well, I put it out there.
Why would anyone want to read my blog?
For the same reason I blog stalk "Snips, Snails, & Puppy Dog Tails'' ,
I love to read about new ideas and how someone tried something new.
I love to hear what they loved, hated, or would do differently.

Over the past couple weeks,
I've blogged about some recipes that I've come across.
I am newly obsessed with Pinterest
especially since it's full of all kinds of wonderful recipes
and inspiring DIY crafts.
I'm going to continue the foodie blogging tonight with 

Pan Roasted Chicken w/ Lemon Garlic Green Beans
Let me start off by saying that I love knowing that this is what I'm eating:
 

You need:
                                       6 Tbs. Olive Oil                                  4 cloves Garlic, minced
                                       2 Lemons (1 thin sliced/1 juiced)            1 tsp. Salt
                                       1/2 tsp. Pepper                                   3/4 lb. trimmed Green Beans
                                       8 sm. Red Potatoes (quartered)          4 Chicken Breasts

First you preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Coat a large baking dish with 1 Tbs. Olive Oil.
Arrange lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish.

In a large bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the green beans and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon, remove the green beans from the bowl and arrange on the lemon slices in the baking dish. Next, add the potato quarters to the same olive oil mix and again toss to coat. I was so scared that there wasn't enough olive oil mix to coat everything, but I was sooooo wrong! Then use a slotted spoon to arrange the potatoes along the sides of the baking dish.
Place the chicken breasts in the olive oil mixture and toss to coat, then place in baking dish on top of green beans and potatoes.  Pour the remaining olive oil mix over the chicken. Yes there will be a little bit left.




Roast in the oven for 50 minutes. Then remove the chicken from the baking dish and place the green beans and potatoes back in the oven for 10 more minutes.

I had a great time cooking this recipe. I'm really glad I found it on Real Simple.
Thanks Pinterest!
I was even able to have Karlee help me. 
We had a GREAT time prepping the "snaps".
That's green beans for ya'll non-southerners.
My grandma and Aunt Evelyn would be proud.
:)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment