Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sleeping Beauty

The dinner table rule at our house is pretty simple. You don't get up from the table, or get dessert, or get snacks, etc until all your dinner [or breakfast or lunch] is gone. We don't really play with this rule. Our kids know that they're expected to eat everything we put on their plates (we give them normal kid sized portions of course) and then clean up their spot afterward. They do this well with little to no complaints. When we started enforcing this rule the big kids would rotate each meal with which one didn't like something [i.e. At breakfast James would all of a sudden decide he doesn't like eggs- when he's been eating them for 6 years with no complaint. Then at lunch Maddie all of a sudden has an aversion to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, normally one of her favorites.]. It took a couple of meals for them to realize that no matter how much they say they don't like something [especially something that we KNOW they like] they still have to eat and now we have no complainers. and dinner time is usually fun and a chance for us to talk with the kids about whats going on and how school is going because we don't have the added stress of listening to the kids complain about something that just yesterday was their favorite food.

Well the other day we had spaghetti for dinner and when I was finished with my bowl I went into the living room to nurse Lilly. When she was done feeding I went back into the kitchen to see how Karlee was coming along with her bowl of spaghetti and this is what I discovered:



Needless to say, she didn't have to finish the bowl of spaghetti. I just scooped her up and carried her to bed. Chuckling to myself about the strange places kids fall asleep.
Then it gave me an idea for a promotion for my photography business, Wynks & Smiles Photography & Design. For a limited time any one that sends me a picture of their child in their most unusual napping spot, will recieve a FREE Photo Session with me. Here's the ad I created:


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment